Take a look at some wonderful R.E. work by Year 5.
St. Mary's R.C. Primary School was founded in 1878, it was built on Dean Street Islington. St. Mary's R.C. Church also at Islington was founded earlier in 1859.
The beautiful Gothic Church was sadly demolished in 1987. The school on Dean Street was closed and rebuilt on Bennington Street in 1956. Along with local dignitaries Bishop Berk and M.P. Barbara Castle opened the new junior school. (The Infant School which has since been demolished had been opened in 1952).
St. Joseph's School had been demolished but they had a lovely new church.
To bring St. Mary's School and St. Joseph's Church together our school changed it's name in 1989 to St. Mary and St. Joseph's R.C. Primary School.
Links between church and school have always been very close. Parishioners are above all friends who see the happiness and achievements of the children and their families as an important part of the life of the whole community.
To celebrate turning 60 years old we had a mass to celebrate. We invited staff and pupils from the past to attend our Mass and Afternoon Tea.