Understanding the World
Involves guiding children to make sense of their physical world and their community through opportunities to explore, observe and find out about people, places, technology and the environment.
Ideas to support learning at home:
- Talk about the changing of the seasons.
- Spend time cooking with your child allowing them to handle some simple tools.
- Encourage children to talk about their likes and dislikes.
- Tell your child stories about when they were babies and when members of the family were young.
- Allow children to use technology such as a digital camera, digital toys, computers or I Pads.
- Let your child’s key worker know about any special events which you are celebrating at home.