Expressive Arts and Design
Involves enabling children to explore and play with a wide range of media and materials, as well as providing opportunities and encouragement for sharing their thoughts, ideas and feelings through a variety of activities in art, music, movement, dance, role-play, and design and technology.
Ideas to support learning at home:
• Give children plenty of opportunities to paint and draw.
• Collect your junk (cereal boxes, kitchen roll tubes, margarine tubs, off cuts of tin foil and fabric, corks) and allow children to make models of robots, houses, cars etc.
• Spend time role playing, even putting on some hats can help to build children’s imagination.
• Encourage children to play instruments along with favourite songs or to create own songs.
• Sing favourite songs and nursery rhymes.
Each of these areas of learning will be delivered through adult led and child initiated activities in each of our areas of continuous provision.