Personal, Social and Emotional Development
Involves helping children to develop a positive sense of themselves and others; to form positive relationships and develop respect for others; to develop social skills and learn how to manage their feelings; to understand appropriate behaviour in groups; to have confidence in their own abilities.
Ideas to support learning at home:
- Practise changing clothes by themselves.
- Encourage children to go to the toilet independently and manage their own personal hygiene.
- Play games that require increasing levels of concentration such as snap, pairs or puzzles.
- Carry out activities that require children to share such as favourite toys, turn taking games or board games.
- Have a conversation about each member of the family’s day, teach children that it is important to listen as well as speak.